The Department of Administration (Admin) was established on July 1, 2015 in accordance with the South Carolina Restructuring Act of 2014 (Act 121). As the central administrative agency for South Carolina state government, Admin provides services to state agencies, our fellow state employees, and the citizens of South Carolina.
Admin is comprised of the following components:
- Division of Facilities Management and Property Services - provides building management of state owned buildings and centralized real estate services for all state agencies.
- Division of State Agencies Support Services - delivers interagency mail, manages the state’s vehicle fleet and disposes of surplus state property.
- Division of State Human Resources - provides human resources support to state agencies through consultation and oversight, professional development, and alternative dispute resolution.
- Division of Technology - facilitates the delivery of technology, security, and privacy-related services and solutions to governmental entities.
- Executive Budget Office - develops the annual Executive Budget and provides oversight of the annual state budget for the state.
- Office of Administrative Services - provides centralized budget, finance, human resources, and information technology services to the divisions of the Department.
- Office of Executive Policy and Programs - administers several statutorily assigned programs to assist abused and neglected children, children with emotional and behavioral issues, victims of crime, people with disabilities, veterans, and small and minority-owned businesses.
- SC Enterprise Information Systems - manages the statewide enterprise accounting system that standardizes the state's financial, human resources, and materials management business processes.
As a service organization, our mission is to provide cost-effective, responsive services and innovative solutions to enable government to meet the needs of the citizens of South Carolina.
Organizational Chart for The South Carolina Department of Administration
Revised March 2017