The Legislative and Governmental Affairs Office works very closely with South Carolina Department of Administration (Admin) leadership on legislative matters, budget preparation and analysis, and major policy issues affecting the various programs within the agency. This office serves as Admin's single point of contact for members of the S.C. General Assembly and their legislative staff and coordinates responses to questions related to policy and program operations requested by the Governor's Office, the S.C. General Assembly, and other governmental agencies.
Other duties of the Governmental Affairs Office include:
- Assisting with the implementation of legislative and policy mandates.
- Monitoring, analyzing, and assessing the impact of new rules, regulations and laws as it relates to Admin.
- Providing regular reports to executive management and division directors on current legislation and legislative proposals.
- Managing fiscal impact statement requests and legislatively required reports.
- Supervising Admin’s Agency Accountability Report and internal Strategic Plan.